The end of June is coming fast, as is the halfway point of the year (gasp!), which means that you have a mere 96 hours or thereabouts to lay your hands on the oh-so-lovely (and oh-so-limited edition!) Reason to Smile stamp set.
This is another card that I made the other day in my Reason to Smile stampin’ session, and although I haven’t strayed too far from the colours that I used to stamp the flower last time, I have changed the layout and brightened it up a bit with the addition of some Baja Breeze…
I coloured the flower in the same way as last time -it seems that I am a little stuck on the sponge dauber/aquapainter combination – and I also sponged some Baja Breeze around the edge of the flower for some added definition and colour.
A reminder of the ways in which you can score Reason to Smile for your very own self:
- Place an order of $125 (before shipping) or more from the current Catalogue or Mini and it’s yours for zilch/nothing/nada
- Simply order it for $28.95 in clear mount or $35.95 in wood mount
SARAH’S STAMPIN’ TIPS:
- I found that the Vintage Trim was a bit too clean for the grungy look that I was going for with this card, so a few swipes of a sponge dipped in Soft Suede, and I was good to go
- It’s always tempting to layer things perfectly centrally, but try out a different placement, as I have done here with the punched circle on the Framelit surround and you might surprise yourself!
- The Stripes embossing folder is so perfect for so many card making occasions. You need it. The end.
A SNEAKY SCRAPPIN’ PEEK… If you follow my Facebook page, there’s a chance you will recall that I mentioned a little scrapbooking project that I have been working on with my super-duper talented and lovely sis-in-law. Well, we’re close to lift off and will be ready to roll early next month, so if you’re a scrapper, keep your ear to the ground right here and tell your friends…
As always, if you have any questions about anything in this post, or you would like to place an order for any of the products I have used, don’t hesitate to get in touch…
Stamps: Reason to Smile, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, More Mustard, Pocketful of Posies DSP, Watercolour Paper, Naturals Ivory
Ink: Versamark, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Baja Breeze
Accessories: 1-3/4″ Circle Punch, Labels Collection Framelits, Victoria Vintage Trim, Stripes Embossing Folder, White Embossing Powder, Stampin’ Sponges, Stampin’ Dimensionals