The end of June is coming fast, as is the halfway point of the year (gasp!), which means that you have a mere 96 hours or thereabouts to lay your hands on the oh-so-lovely (and oh-so-limited edition!) Reason to Smile stamp set.
This is another card that I made the other day in my Reason to Smile stampin' session, and although I haven't strayed too far from the colours that I used to stamp the flower last time, I have changed the layout and brightened it up a bit with the addition of some Baja Breeze...
I coloured the flower in the same way as last time -it seems that I am a little stuck on the sponge dauber/aquapainter combination - and I also sponged some Baja Breeze around the edge of the flower for some added definition and colour.
A reminder of the ways in which you can score Reason to Smile for your very own self:
- Place an order of $125 (before shipping) or more from the current Catalogue or Mini and it's yours for zilch/nothing/nada
- Simply order it for $28.95 in clear mount or $35.95 in wood mount
SARAH'S STAMPIN' TIPS:
- I found that the Vintage Trim was a bit too clean for the grungy look that I was going for with this card, so a few swipes of a sponge dipped in Soft Suede, and I was good to go :-)
- It's always tempting to layer things perfectly centrally, but try out a different placement, as I have done here with the punched circle on the Framelit surround and you might surprise yourself!
- The Stripes embossing folder is so perfect for so many card making occasions. You need it. The end.
A SNEAKY SCRAPPIN' PEEK... If you follow my Facebook page, there's a chance you will recall that I mentioned a little scrapbooking project that I have been working on with my super-duper talented and lovely sis-in-law. Well, we're close to lift off and will be ready to roll early next month, so if you're a scrapper, keep your ear to the ground right here and tell your friends... ;-)
As always, if you have any questions about anything in this post, or you would like to place an order for any of the products I have used, don't hesitate to get in touch...
Stamps: Reason to Smile, Teeny Tiny Sentiments Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, More Mustard, Pocketful of Posies DSP, Watercolour Paper, Naturals Ivory Ink: Versamark, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Baja Breeze Accessories: 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Labels Collection Framelits, Victoria Vintage Trim, Stripes Embossing Folder, White Embossing Powder, Stampin' Sponges, Stampin' Dimensionals